UTAS Cricket | Competitive | Fair | Inclusive | Fun
Who are we?
University of Tasmania Cricket Club plays in the Cricket Tasmania Premier League with leading Australian, Tasmanian and Big Bash League players including Ben Hilfenhaus, Tim Paine, James Faulkner, Sasha Moloney and Katelyn Fryett.
With around 250 playing members, their families, and prime access to a University of Tasmania Hobart campus community of up to 20,000, UTAS Cricket is involved across all ages, genders and skill-levels.
UTAS Cricket sees itself as a leading community sporting organisation and has a vision to become "the Best Grade Cricket Club in Australia".
What we do?
UTAS Cricket offers cricket programs for males and females including:
- Woolworths Cricket Blast - Junior Blasters (Age 5-8 Boys & Girls)
- Woolworths Cricket Blast - Master Blasters (Age 7-11 Boys & Girls)
- Hurricanes Junior League Stage 1 & Stage 2 (Under 12 Boys & Girls)
- Youth Cricket (Under 13 Boys, Under 14 Girls, Under 15 Boys & Under 17 Boys & Girls)
- Senior Grade Premier League Cricket for Men and Women
- Inter-Cultural Sports League
We also have a close relationship with Cricket Tasmania helping to develop talented cricketers who will form part of the ongoing success of cricket in Tasmania and Australia.
We also work with the University of Tasmania to help promote the University in a variety of ways including our Annual Cricket Scholarship, Faculty cricket events and other multicultural activities on campus to name but a few.
Our responsibility for the development of cricket also sees us promoting the game through many local schools and regional areas beyond our normal catchment area. We take this responsibility very seriously and we look forward to sharing our passion for cricket with others in our community.